Sunday, April 6, 2014

From the Editor's Desk: Department of Redundancy Department

Wherein our editor resigns himself to needing too many HDMI inputs to cover his streaming bases

I don't want that much, really. Just to be able to stream All The Things to my living room receiver. Google content. Amazon content. Netflix. YouTube. Satellite radio, perhaps.

I'm not cutting the cable cord. Life without quick and proper DVR access is not something I want to consider, given the current capacity for patience (or lack thereof) displayed by my 3-year-old daughter. (Don't have kids? You don't get to judge.)

And, unfortunately, I still need something to play DVDs. Again, mostly those (ridiculously cute, lovable, wouldn't trade them for anything) darn kids.

There's still no one platform to stream them all. Each comes close but ultimately is missing one key ingredient.


    








source: androidcentral

0 comments :