Monday, September 22, 2014

How to pair YouTube on a mobile device to a TV without Chromecast

Google enables couch potatoes everywhere to keep doing their thing

I can be one lazy bag of bones sometimes. My roommates and I are in our apartment living room, and one of us gets the urge to listen to Joe Walsh singing "Life's Been Good" (hey, we may be college kids, but we do like the classics). My roommate's PlayStation 3 is already on, so I fire up my phone and beam the song to YouTube on the console. I don't even have to ask my roommate, who's sitting on the other couch, to hand me any controls or type anything in.

With the YouTube app, you can basically do what you can do with Google's inexpensive Chromecast. You can send videos right to your TV or other Internet-connected device, and the video will play. Unfortunately, I don't have a Chromecast at the moment, although I would like one. I'm sure many of you are in the same boat.

Luckily, it's not too hard to get YouTube set up to do its thing.










source: androidcentral

0 comments :