Friday, March 21, 2014

Buying a Nexus 7 Folio case? Watch out for discoloration on your tablet

The 'Bright Red' Nexus 7 Folio is pretty great, except when it tarnishes your Nexus 7

One of Google's official Nexus 7 cases, the Nexus 7 Folio, came out back in December as it started to build up first-party case offerings for the tablet. It set folks back a cool $49, but when I reviewed it I found that it wasn't as extravagantly expensive as it may seem at first glance. The case is solid, has sleep/wake functionality, a nice dual-mode stand and kept out of the way as much as possible. I liked the case so much I've kept it on my Nexus 7 pretty much permanently since then.

Fast forward three months, and I took the case off my Nexus 7 for a change of pace. What's that? Deep reddish-orange lines all around the back of my tablet. Around all four corners and everywhere there's a cutout on the case, a deep red line on my otherwise pristine black Nexus 7. I can scrub all I want, and the lines don't seem to want to come off.

The big culprit here is likely the slightly loose nature of the case because it has an open-backed design. The edges are pretty rigid and have a ribbed design on the inside to make them tough, but they flex just enough that they can move around on the tablet over the course of daily use. everywhere the case can flex, it's leaving its mark on the back of the tablet.


    








source: androidcentral

0 comments :