Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Google I/O 2014 registration now open

Today is a big day for Google. In addition to opening up its Glass Explorer Program to all U.S. residents and kicking off the Project Ara Developers Conference, Google has opened registration for the 2014 edition of its I/O developer event.

Google is now accepting applications for I/O 2014 tickets through the event’s official website. Registration will be open until April 18 at 2:00 p.m. PDT / 5:00 p.m. EDT, giving ample time to everyone that’d like to attend I/O 2014 the chance to apply for a ticket.

Shortly after registration closes, Google will randomly select applicants and offer them the opportunity to buy a ticket. Pricing for Google I/O 2014 tickets will be set at $900 for general admission or $300 for an academic admission ticket.

In the past, Google sold tickets to I/O on a first come, first served basis. Because of the popularity of Google products and the fact that the company often gives away free devices at the event, tickets often sold out an hour or two after going up for sale. The application system that Google is using for tickets this year gives more people the chance to get a ticket since it eliminates that mad rush and also keeps registration open for a full four days.

How many of you are going to apply for a ticket to Google I/O 2014?



source: androidandme

0 comments :