Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Google I/O 2014 developer conference going down June 25-26

Time to grab a vacation request slip at work and fill it out for June 25 and 26. Sundar Pichai just announced that those are the dates on which Google I/O 2014 will take place, revealing that the developer conference will be held at the Moscone West center in San Francisco, Calif. Pichai says that the event will be live streamed for those of us that can’t make the trek to S.F.

So how can you get tickets? Well, Pichai says that registration information will be revealed next month, but he did reveal that Google is doing something a little different with registration this year. In order to avoid the mad ticket dash that we’ve seen with past I/Os, anyone that wants to attend I/O 2014 will need to submit a request to Google. The company will then randomly select applicants and notify them of their opportunity to buy a ticket.

Google I/O typically brings with it some big announcements regarding products like Android and Chrome. For example, Google announced Android 3.1 improvements at I/O 2011, and in 2012 the company demoed its Glass eyewear. Those announcements, along with the free hardware that’s typically given to attendees, make Google I/O one of the biggest events in tech each year. We’ll have to wait until the end of June to find out what Google’s got planned for the 2014 edition of I/O, but whatever it is, I’m sure that it’ll be worth checking out either in person or through the live stream.

Have you ever attended Google I/O?



source: androidandme

0 comments :